December 3, 2012 by usydepicsoc2013
Blythe here. I made a pretty intense banana cake today that was practically fool proof. Although our beloved Regan is usually the baker on the EpicSoc exec, I though I’d have a crack and it’s incredibly fun and not too hard. I got the recipe from my mum’s cookbook and it’s from an old neighbour of hers from Dungog.
Hope you Enjoy!
Mrs. Forbes’ Banana Cake
1 cup brown sugar
2 tblsp butter
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 mashed bananas
2 tblsp milk
How to gain two kilos I mean Method
- Cream butter and sugar until it’s all delicious and light. I chose to listen to Nina Simone’s greatest hits during this recipe, it really complemented the delicious smell of fresh banana cake cooking and reminded me of my childhood.
- Add the beaten egg and mashed banana. Mix it again but don’t try the mix just yet. It’s not all floury yet and we can all agree that that raw floury taste is the best part.
- Add all dry ingredients and beat again. I’ll look the other way if you really can’t wait to try the batter at this point but if you can just hold off a little longer until we add the milk it’ll taste EVEN BETTER.
- Add milk. Partially devour mixture until you feel slightly sick.
- Put remaining skerics of batter into a buttery greased tin and bake in moderate oven for 35 mins. Apparently moderate means like 160*C in fan forced.
- Test it with skewers until they come out clean w/out any mixture clinging. Lick hot melty mixture off skewer and try not to faint from all the blood rushing from your digestive system to your tongue and back again.
- Turn out onto racks to let that mamasita cool. Try not to eat it until it’s more socially acceptable. Like drinking, eating cake alone is frowned upon. Lena Dunham may have done it in the season 1 finale of Girls but let’s just all admit that there isn’t much that girl does that would honestly make you judge her.
- Wait until other people arrive and enjoy cake with them, pretending that you meant to bake a tiny cake and that you didn’t eat over 3/4 of the mixture before it hit the oven.
- Revel in their adulation. Suppress vomit from overeating. Here is the cake.